Welcome to my blog, and thank you for reading my first post! I'm super excited to start this project, mostly because I truly enjoy engaging in conversation with new and exciting people, along with the exchange of ideas. As mentioned in my "About" page, this is my peaceful rebellion against the current anti-climate change sentiments emanating from the Trump administration. Here comes the disclaimer: I will try my best to refrain from political rants, but since politics were the inspiration for creating this blog to begin with, there will more than likely be a slip-up here and there! Bear with me :) This is what I came up with:
- Replace all hygiene products (for myself and my husband) to eco-friendly, cruelty free, organic, or vegan options
- Replace all beauty products and supplies to eco-friendly, cruelty free, organic, or vegan options
- Replace all cleaning supplies to natural, organic, or vegan alternatives
- Eliminate the use of disposable plates, cups, and cutlery in the kitchen
- Reduce electricity usage -- check to make sure that all energy sapping appliances are Energy Star certified, identify those that need to be replaced in the future
- Reduce wasting water
Again, this was the list that I created as a starting point to lead a greener life. Trust me, there is a lot more to come! Most of the things above require spending some money, so I'm not sure that this list will be completely checked off in one week. However, I can continue to research the products that I would like to buy, along with what these green buzz words really mean: cruelty free, vegan, organic, natural, eco-friendly.
The first task I will cross off of my list is replacing all of my beauty products and supplies with greener alternatives. This gives me an excuse to visit Ulta to buy new makeup, brushes, and facial products! I can see it now... "Honey, I'm doing this for our dear planet Earth! It's a completely selfless shopping spree."
Wish me luck, loves!